6.03.2010

My Tastebuds Are On Fire!

I received a personal invitation to try Chick-fil-A's new Spicy Chicken Sandwich today.  As a member of Chick-fil-A's e-mail community, I was eligible to receive a free Spicy Chicken Sandwich before it is offered to the general public on Monday, June 7.  I printed out my personal invitation and arrived at my local Chick-fil-A during my reservation window (11 a.m.-2 p.m.) where I placed my order. 

After receiving my order and finding a place to sit, I took my first bite of their new sandwich.  Boy, did my tastebuds wake up!  They were on fire but in a good way.  The sandwich is prepared similar to Chick-fil-A's regular chicken sandwich with the breaded chicken breast, buttered bun and two pickle slices. However, that's where the similarities end. The sandwich is definitely spicy, more so than Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich.  After a couple of bites, my nose began to water.  In this case, that's a good indicator of the heat quotient.  Since the chicken breast is marinated in spices, it holds its spiciness where other sandwiches lose theirs because the breading is the only thing that contains the spices and the taste.  I enjoyed my first Spicy Chicken Sandwich from Chick-fil-A and look forward to having another one real soon.

I overhead another patron saying that the sandwich tasted like they had taken a regular Chick-fil-A sandwich and poured Tabasco on it.  Obviously he doesn't eat as many chicken sandwiches as I do, nor does he eat as much hot sauce as I do, because Chick-fil-A's new Spicy Chicken Sandwich tasted way better than that.  Way to go Chick-fil-A!  You have given me yet another reason to visit you besides your impeccable service, great tasting chicken and your delicious lemonade.  See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, that sounds good! I love spicy food and need to try that one out!

    XOO
    jen

    ReplyDelete