6.19.2010

A Maid Marian Made Migration ~ Minneapolis

Last week I had the pleasure of traveling to Minneapolis for a business conference. I arrived on Friday afternoon and took the light rail train (LRT) from the airport to downtown Minneapolis.  The LRT is a great bargain at $2.25 per ride. It's very clean compared to other mass transit trains (NYC, ATL, etc.).  Note to self:  Check the calendar of events.  The LRT was quite crowded, think sardines in a can, from all the Twins fans trying to get to the game that night.



After checking in, I ventured out to find some grub.  When I visit a new city, I make it a point of eating at non-chain restaurants.  So I passed on Fogo de Chao, Applebee's, Arby's et al.  I happened upon Seven near Target Field.  At Seven, I dined on the house special the Seven Filet.  It was an 8 oz. filet mignon topped with lump crab meat and drizzled with their chef's signature honey bourbon butter sauce.  Magnificent!  The honey bourbon sauce was a nice compliment to the perfectly cooked steak and lump crab meat.

The menu is a la carte so I ordered the truffle mac for my side dish from the potatoes menu.  I was disappointed when the dish was delivered to the table for it looked like regular mac n' cheese.  I had been expecting mashed potatoes with cheese and truffle oil.  My disappointment was soon forgotten after I took my first bite of truffle mac.  OMG!  Hands down, Seven's truffle mac was by far the BEST mac n' cheese I have ever eaten.  Bar none.  Seriously! 

No comments:

Post a Comment