1.01.2010

2010 Word-of-the-year: MORE

A fresh start. A clean slate. Square one. Here we begin not only a new year but a whole new decade. Ooooh, the possibilities!

Recently, I came across in my blog reading the concept of a “word-of-the-year” on Christine Kane’s blog. There are so many of us that make new year’s resolutions that fail by Jan. 5. “I’m going to lose 10 pounds.” “I’m going to exercise more.” “I’m going to give up sweets.” Yeah, right! We’ve all been there before however, having a word-of-the-year is different.

Kane’s concept is to find a word that you will live up to for the year instead of setting yourself up to fail with another unimaginative resolution. Ideally, the word-of-the-year is an action word such as change, expand or create. Or it can be a noun like abundance, courage or freedom. The beauty of the word-of-the-year is that you own it, whatever word you choose. For me personally, I chose the word “more.”

According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary:

more (adverb):
1 a: in addition b : moreover 2 : to a greater or higher degree —often used with an adjective or adverb to form the comparative


more (adjective):
1" greater 2: additional, further

This year I am going to in no particular order:

  • Love more
  • Give more
  • Volunteer more
  • Dance more
  • Blog more
  • Take more photos
  • Cook more home-cooked meals
  • Save more
  • Create more
  • Spend more time with my family
  • Work more efficiently
  • Exercise more
  • Eat more healthier options
  • Drink more water
  • Read more
  • Live more
  • Be more!

Here's to getting more out of your life in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment