4.14.2010

Winter to Spring Master Bedroom Update

This year I decided to update the look of our master bedroom with the season.  As you can see in the before photo, the color palette of our bedroom is chocolate and blue.  The paint color is Mythological Sea by Martin Seymour Paints.  It is my all-time favorite paint color.  I love it, love it, love it!  The curtains are chocolate faux silk from Target.  They were purchased since my husband works nights and they have great blackout liners.  The comforter set is from Dillards (on sale).  The shams and a matching quilt are from TJ Maxx.  The throw pillows are from TJ Maxx and Stein Mart.  The lamps are from Kirklands (on clearance). 


I didn't want to go wild and crazy with a total redo.  I decided just to update the linens and add the silhouette plaques I made a couple of weeks ago.  Our new quilt and shams came from SmartBargains.com for less than $50.  And I spent less than ten bucks on the plaques.  So for less than $60 bucks, I have updated our master bedroom from its winter wardrobe to a spring one.  What do you think?



I have a few more things that I want to do but one thing at a time.  Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. It looks great!!! I love, love, love your new bedding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the update, love the chocolate and blue, love the silhouettes. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete