4.09.2010

Made - Spring Has Sprung and So Has My Creativity

Spring has definitely sprung here in the South.  Yellow pollen is EVERYWHERE.  Not that I'm complaining because I love this time of year because of God's beautiful works...flowers.  Here are some daffodils and Bradford pear blossoms I found in our neighborhood.


Usually with spring, I find myself rejuvenated and more creative.  Here is just a few of many projects I have been working on. 

Maid Marian Made Transformation #1:
I found these cute styrofoam eggs at the dollar store, Dollar Tree to be exact. 




And painted them with some robin's egg blue paint I had lying around. 



Then I flecked them with some chocolate brown paint.  After which, I hot glued them into some adorable birds nest I found at Hobby Lobby for $1.99 for a two nest package. 




This project came under five dollars for four nests.  Pretty cool!

Maid Marian Made Transformation #2 & #3:
Another project that I've completed recently is my new dining room table floral arrangement.  I spray painted an old tin bucket with American Accents Heirloom White. Then I added a bunch of silk peonies in varying shades of cream and pink.  I accented the bouquet with some pink and green berries.  Tres chic. 


The floral arrangement is accompanied by two sweet bird votives I picked up from the Dollar Tree.  They were originally brown.  I also painted them Heirloom White and then antiqued them with a chocolate antique glaze.  Aren't they adorable?





Maid Marian Made Transformation #4:
And last but not least, I baked some cupcakes for my son's Easter party at daycare.  I created these cupcake toppers with some artwork I found on the Internet.  I'm sorry I can't remember where I found them.  I think they were on Scribd.  Too ca-ute.  The cupcakes were delicious, if I don't say so myself.



 
Beyond The Picket Fence


3 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever gotten close enough to a Bradford Pear to see the blooms...the smell gets to me! ; ) Very pretty. And I love all your crafts...am I too late for a cupcake? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the creativity... everything looks fantastic!


    Lindsay
    www.adesignstory.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great transformations--Wish I could have found some eggs like that! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete