For the last couple of years, I have chosen a word of the year instead of the same old resolutions. In 2010, the word was "more" and in 2011 it was "faith." This year I have chosen the word "shine."
Arise and shine.
She took a shine to him.
I am going to work hard to shine in all the areas of my life...at home, at work, in the lives of my kids, etc. And as far as my artwork, I am going to shine by using more glitter. Tee hee!
To keep me inspired and to remind me to shine, I purchased a Shine necklace from Ashley. One dollar from the purchase of each Shine necklace goes to The Shine Project Scholarship Fund to help inner city kids go to college. I liked my necklace so much that I ended up buying two more for Christmas gifts. The initial necklace came with the shine charm, rose charm and a pearl. I personalized my with a charm I made. It's a piece of vintage lace pressed between two pieces of glass. I love it!
Here are some quotes using my 2012 word of the year.
- As we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence actually liberates others. ~ Marianne Williamson
- Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish. ~ John Jakes
- Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes shine to the stars. Enthusiasm is the sparkle in your eyes, the swing in your gait. The grip of your hand, the irresistible surge of will and energy to execute your ideas. ~ Henry Ford
- I see heaven's glories shine and faith shines equal. ~ Emily Bronte
- Let God's promises shine on your problems. ~ Corrie Ten Boom
- The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the wide world's joy. ~ Henry Ward Beecher