1.07.2011

27 Weeks and Counting

Hey Howdy Hey! I'm back in the blogosphere...finally. They say every pregnancy is different and I can attest to that. This one has totally kicked my booty. I thought that the tiredness of the first trimester would leave and I could get back into the saddle of blogging. Little did I know that the tiredness decided to set up camp and stick around for a while. Then the holidays showed up and well, you know...


Anyway, I'm back with a few posts of what I was up to in the interim and to give you an update on my pregnancy.


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 27 Weeks


Gender: It's a girl!!! Still undecided on a name but her middle name will likely be Caroline after my grandmother who raised me.


Size of Baby: Baby girl is the size of a small pineapple


Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 1.5 lbs. Yes, you read that right. 1.5 lbs. I have terrible morning sickness (actually afternoon and evening sickness) during the first trimester and through most of the second trimester and lost 8 lbs. I am the only woman I know that actually loses weight when she's pregnant. I lost about 9 lbs. with my son, Asher.


Maternity Clothes: I wear maternity jeans/pants but everything else is regular. I will wear the occasional maternity top if the mood strikes.


Movement: Lots of movement in the evenings when I'm trying to rest.


Sleep: I think I'm sleeping pretty well but my husband says I'm not.


What I Miss: Sleeping on my stomach and Ice-cold Coke with crushed ice since I've been diagnosed with gestational diabetes.


Cravings: Ice-cold Coke with crushed ice. I'm a Pepsi girl but I've been craving Cokes. Weird?


Symptoms: Tiredness


Best Moment This Week: Having my son rub my tummy for the first time.



No comments:

Post a Comment