5.10.2010

Westin's Make A Green Choice

I travel a lot as part of my job and I have stayed at A LOT of different hotels.  Typically, I stay at the Hilton family of hotels but every now and then a conference or meeting is booked at another hotel brand.  This week I am staying at a Westin.  Very nice, I might add. 

I am environmentally conscious.  I recycle.  I take energy-efficient measures.  I love the planet I live on but I'm not your overzealous tree hugger mind you.  I will have to say that I am impressed by Westin's "Make A Green Choice" in room campaign.  By opting to decline housekeeping service for the day, Westin will give you a $5 gift card to use at participating food and beverage outlets with their hotel.  You can also choose to receive 500 SPG(R) Starpoints(R) in lieu of the gift card.  All you have to do is hang a specially marked card on your door before a certain time to decline the housekeeping service. What a simple and nearly effortless way to help conserve natural resources and receive something in return.  I like it!

I chose to participate.  Why not?  I mean at home I do exactly the same thing.  I use my bath towel more than once just so I don't have to do that much more laundry.  Come on people!  You are CLEAN when you use a bath towel.  Am I right?  Thanks, Westin, for the chance to be environmentally conscious and for the free $5 towards food or drink at your hotel.  Cool!



P.S.  I also heart the bars of soap in my room.  They are shaped like leaves and smell so good!  White tea and aloe, I think.

1 comment: