3.26.2010

Made ~ Silhouette Plaques


Silhouettes are in vogue right now. I have always love the simplicity of the artwork. I was inspired by an article I saw in Victoria magazine to create my own silhouettes for my master bedroom. First, I bought these frames at a neighbor's yard sale for $5. As you can see, she wanted six dollars for them but I bargained with her because I bought several other items.


I removed the glass fronts that were wallpapered with bucolic scenes and painted the brass frames with American Accents in Espresso.




Next, I covered the frame backs with burlap that I trimmed to size and adhered using Spray Mount. Then, I took profile photos of my husband and me, printed them out and used a copier to get the right size silhouette for the frames. I cut out the silhouette from the copier paper and traced it onto brown cardstock. I meticulously cut out the silhouettes from the brown cardstock and adhered them to the burlap using more Spray Mount. Now, we have customized artwork in our master bedroom for under $10. And my husband thinks they're awesome.  Cool!  Now I just need to hang them.



Beyond The Picket Fence


Transformation Thursday

I've also linked up to Show and Tell at My Romantic Home.  http://romantichome.blogspot.com/



3 comments: